Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Am I cut out for this...?

What a day!  I didn't really do anything or go anywhere but, I was busy and I'm beat.  I guess that's the "stay at home Mom" gig eh?  I never ever thought I was someone who was cut out for that.  I always secretly envied my sister-in-law who worked hard at her full-time+ career and then a few other odd part-time jobs on the side while my brother (who due to unfortunate injuries wasn't able to keep his) got to stay home and raise their kids.



Now, I find myself wishing for more time and the ability to stay "home".  I say "home" but I can't seem to stay there for more than a day or two without getting itchy feet.  I LOVE spending time with the baby, can't get enough of it actually.  I just don't seem to be someone who can stay in one place and be happy.  However, I've never really tried it.  I was always on the go for as long as I can remember.  I have never EVER been a homebody.



This visit with the baby's father's family is forcing the issue though.  They are in a VERY rural area but, there is just enough here that I don't REALLY need to go anywhere and anywhere is a 20 minute drive so, I need a good reason.  We'll see how long it lasts before I go insane.  lol



The thing is when I envision my "ideal future" I have a house in the woods with a garden and a place to practice my healing and whatever else I end up doing so, I don't get why I'm so uncomfortable with this staying put situation.  I saw a post last night about a floating city and thought "PERFECT!"


Then the conspiracy theorist in me spoke up and it looked a lot like some of those movies that involve population control and unusual "rules" that need to be followed accompanied by martial law.  Maybe not so ideal after all.

So, I'll keep plugging away with the knowledge that "the right thing" is winging its way quickly towards me and see what happens.

Have a wonderful crazy adventure filled day everyone.
~~<3 GillyBean.

No comments: